The SkillSurvey System
SkillSurvey provides a web-based service that enables the assessment of an individual's competencies for a specific job based on confidential feedback from people that have worked with that individual in the past.
Organizations and individuals (Subscribers) use the service to send emails to the job candidate and the candidate's references. The reference email contains a link to a web-based survey, which the reference then completes and submits electronically.
Candidate reports are either generated automatically or monitored and finalized by customer personnel (such as HR staff, recruiters, hiring managers, etc.). General Security Policy
Your privacy is our top concern. We work hard to earn and keep your trust, so we adhere to the following principles to protect your privacy:
- We will only collect the minimum personal information required to successfully complete the SkillSurvey reference checking process for our Subscribers
- We will never rent or sell the personally identifiable information of any user of our system (e.g. recruiter, candidate, reference, etc.) to third parties for marketing purposes
- Any sensitive information that you provide will be secured with all industry standard protocols and technology
SkillSurvey does not collect personally identifying information from visitors to this site unless specifically provided by our customers, their job candidates, or the job candidate's references. Personally identifiable information includes name, email address and other data elements required to perform the SkillSurvey reference checking process for our customers.
SkillSurvey may collect background/demographic information, on a voluntary or optional basis, from job candidates. This information will not be associated with the candidate's name, email address, or any other personally identifying information. This information will not be shared with a prospective employer. It will be used by SkillSurvey solely to monitor compliance with federal statutes and for other research purposes.
SkillSurvey also collects IP addresses for system administration and record keeping. Your IP address is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the World Wide Web. Our servers record incoming IP addresses. The IP addresses are analyzed only for the purposes of fraud detection and service performance. (Think of an IP address like your zip code; it tells us in general terms where you're from.)
SkillSurvey uses "cookies" - files written to the visitor's computer that are used by some sites for record-keeping or to remember certain information about visitors during their visit only. These cookies are removed after each session. Information Use
SkillSurvey does not provide or sell any of this information to third parties and will not use your personally identifiable information except to:
- Provide customer support in successfully completing the SkillSurvey reference checking process
- Perform statistical analyses of user behavior and characteristics
- Measure traffic and traffic trends at this site
- Support products and services provided by SkillSurvey
We may provide aggregated data about the usage of our service to third-parties for such purposes as we deem, in our sole discretion, to be appropriate. We may segment our users by role (i.e. product managers, vice presidents), industry, geographic location, company. If you would like to be excluded from the aggregated research, please email customer service.
It is possible that we may need to disclose personal information when required by law. We will disclose such information wherein we have a good-faith belief that it is necessary to comply with a court order, ongoing judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on our company or to exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims. .
- Special attention is appropriately given to website security and the overall security of all data storage, processing, and transmission systems. This website, and its use as a data conduit, is protected by: .
- Authentication through firewalls with full exclusion logic
- Use of encryption when transferring secure information through Secure Socket Layer (SSL)
- Password protection and user identification including access logs, transaction logs and traffic logs
- Virtual private network security for development and internal access
- Security management software
Further Information and Corporate Address
If you have any questions about the privacy statement and other policies outlined above, the practices of this site, or any other aspect of SkillSurvey, Inc., please contact:
565 E. Swedesford Road
Wayne, PA 19087
The foregoing policies are effective as of August 8, 2006. SkillSurvey reserves the right to change this policy at any time. This statement and the policies outlined herein are not intended to and do not create any contractual or other legal rights in or on behalf of any party.