Chief Technical Officer
This is an opportunity to join an exciting, high-energy entrepreneurial organization experiencing strong growth and financial stability. SkillSurvey is a leader in the HR Technology marketplace, building a world-class SaaS Talent Intelligence platform that includes Source, Reference, and Post-Hire solutions. SkillSurvey also has two additional SaaS platforms, Career Readiness, used by Higher Education institutions, and Credential OnDemand, used by healthcare organizations.
SkillSurvey works with a diverse client roster across a range of verticals and company sizes. The Company has a strong presence in healthcare, counting over 1,400 hospitals as customers. The Company also has hundreds of staffing firms and not-for-profits as clients and is scaling rapidly in the higher education vertical, with over 300 higher education institutions as customers. Additionally, SkillSurvey’s solutions are used in all other verticals, with name brands like Chili’s, O’Reilly Automotive, Talbots, Sempra Energy, and Toll Brothers as clients.
SkillSurvey’s SaaS platforms achieve very high margins and profitability. The Company’s solutions have a TAM valued at greater than $6 billion.
SkillSurvey is a well-funded business with its headquarters based in Berwyn, PA.
Reporting to the CEO, the CTO is responsible for overseeing all software development activities and the supporting teams within the organization including software development, architecture, testing, and product support. The position requires significant CTO experience leading a large team in a high-growth SaaS environment.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of balancing strategic needs while maintaining operational control of day-to-day activities in the business.
This position will have a significant impact on the future of the company. He/she will draw from his/her extensive experience and success to bring new perspectives and enable exponential growth.
- Leads, manages and mentors a team of world-class software engineers.
- Works regularly with an offshore development team in India to achieve exceptional results.
- Delegates effectively, sets expectations, measures progress, manages risk to ensure all
deadlines for software development are met consistently to established quality coding standards.
- Leads, manages and mentors the QA team to ensure delivery of high quality and scalable solutions that include industry best practices in unit, system and regression testing and scales QA functions through automation.
- Partners closely with Product Management to support identification, estimation, prioritization, execution, and tracking of product investments, including evaluation of build vs buy vs partner alternatives.
- Maintains and evolves processes that adhere to required compliance certifications and standards. Supports regular audit procedures and updates to processes to ensure compliance. Owns and maintains Software Development Lifecycle documentation.
- Evaluates new technologies and makes recommendations on inclusion into our development methodologies, product architecture and hosting services.
- Collaborates with the CPO to allocate engineering resources appropriately across various projects, balancing current customer/prospect growth and retention initiatives with longer term production internal requirements and continuously updating job knowledge and training requirements for all reporting positions.
- Responsible for securing various technology stacks across all lines of business, including Finance, Sales and Marketing.
- Mobilizes the team to effectively resolve major customer issues.
- Supports the Executive Team in communicating the company’s technology strategy to investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders.
- Fosters a culture of creative problem solving, collaboration, speed, innovation, customer focus, excellence and a fun work environment while accountable for results.
- Owns, understands, maintains and reports on KPIs for the Engineering Team.
- Significant leadership experience in a CTO role leading a large team in a high-growth SaaS environment
- Minimum of 10 years progressive experience as a leader of technical teams in an Enterprise SaaS environment
- Proven experience managing large teams and remote workers and working directly with offshore development teams
- Agile development process experience and Agile and/or Scrum certified
- Prior experience with Azure deployments a plus
- Deep experience in building highly secure applications
- Experience with internal security testing, transaction platforms and statistical reporting
- Experience establishing relationships and executing external penetration testing
- Experience maintaining SOC2 documentation and certification
- Exceptional organizational skills and proven ability to effectively manage, develop and mentor staff while under pressure to meet deadlines
- Thrives in a fast moving, agile environment
- Strong communication skills, with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Seasoned knowledge of QA and QC testing practices, .Net, Power BI and Hi Charts
- Confidence, collaboration and good judgment; must be capable of acting as a trusted partner and advisor to the management team, responsive to the needs of all stakeholders regarding network security
- Ability to create nimble and highly efficient development and platform maintenance teams
- Demonstrated communication, budgeting, project prioritization and forecasting capabilities
- Possess and exhibit the highest level of integrity. Goal oriented; Willingness to accept ownership and accountability for all responsibilities as well as hold others accountable
- Bachelors or Masters in a technical field such as Computer Science
Chief Technical Officer in Subject Line.